Full Mouth Reconstruction in Manhattan, NYC
New York City dental reconstruction specialists, M. Marc Liechtung, DMD answers questions on full mouth reconstruction – a common and life-changing dental procedure.
Looking for a cosmetic dentist in New York City?
Damaged or decayed teeth can significantly detract from not just the beauty but also the health of your smile. If you are missing teeth, have fractured teeth, are suffering from gum disease or have a misaligned bite, you may be at an increased risk for numerous health problems ranging from chronic pain to cardiovascular disease. The full mouth reconstruction specialists at Manhattan Dental Arts can help correct your dental problems, restore your teeth, and improve your dental health.
What to Expect at Your Full Mouth Reconstruction Consultation
A comprehensive oral evaluation will be necessary to assess the type and degree of dental issues that you are experiencing. Fractured teeth, decayed teeth, teeth that are excessively worn, teeth that have suffered trauma, misalignments, gum health, and symptoms of TMJ disorders or chronic pain will all be noted. Dental x-rays and imaging may be necessary to see between the teeth and reveal the underlying structures. Dental impressions may also be needed. Our full mouth reconstruction experts will then work with you to develop a treatment plan to address these problems and improve the overall aesthetics of your smile. Health, function, and aesthetics will all be considered.
For full mouth reconstruction, several procedures may be involved and you may need multiple office visits with our specialist. Treatment options may include:
- Deep cleaning procedure to eliminate plaque and tartar buildup above and below the gum-line
- Periodontal treatments to heal gums and eliminate infection
- Bone or soft tissue grafts to ensure the long-term success of any treatments
- Crown lengthening to facilitate the placement of dental crowns or bridges
- Tooth preparation for the placement of dental veneers or other restorations
- Dental filling replacement
- Dental bridges, dental implants or dentures to replace missing teeth
- Orthodontics to correct misalignments
Each treatment will be designed to not just improve the health and function of your mouth, but also address cosmetic issues.
Looking to schedule your full mouth reconstruction on the Upper West Side? Call Manhattan Dental Arts at (212) 247-2330 to schedule your appointment today