Dental Exams and Teeth Cleanings on the Upper West Side, NYC
Our $99 teeth cleaning for new patients includes exams, x-rays, and a cleaning with the dental hygienist.
Our team at Manhattan Dental Arts provide teeth cleanings at our dental office on the upper west side in a modern, comfortable setting. It is important to perform routine oral health checks by having regular cleanings, dental exams, and x-rays. Our dentists will perform a routine search for oral cancer, and after x- rays and an examination we will scale your teeth and then polish the surface in order to ensure that everything is healthy.
People underestimate how important regular dental cleanings and exams are. They are actually two of the most important preventive treatments that we provide. Each time you visit Manhattan Dental Arts, we will perform a professional cleaning and an oral exam in order to keep your smile healthy and disease-free.
Our hygienists will:
- Clean your teeth using special instruments to remove plaque or tartar (aka calculus) which is the main cause of tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Perform flossing between your teeth to remove plaque and then polish your teeth so that you have a healthy, bright smile.
- Our dentists will perform x-rays examining your teeth for any signs of the disease or dental conditions.
Our team uses digital dental X-rays that produce low radiation to look for problems. We believe in regular dental cleanings and regular exams in order to maintain good oral health. This will help prevent cavities and reduce the risk of gum disease, and if we do find any damaging conditions we will ensure they are treated as early as possible.
Our dentists recommend that patients should visit Manhattan Dental Arts every six months for routine dental cleanings and examinations. In some instances, we may suggest more frequent visits if needed, especially if you have periodontal disease.
At Manhattan Dental Arts, we recognize that coming for a checkup might not be your favorite thing to do. However, having regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings will keep your teeth healthy and strong. We believe that your mouth is the gateway to your entire body and that through regular teeth cleanings and periodical dental checkups, we can keep the rest of you healthy as well.
Your First Dental Visit at Manhattan Dental Arts
At your first visit for a dental cleaning, you will undergo a comprehensive dental exam. A regular dental checkup and teeth cleaning at our dental office on the upper west side will always include:
- X-rays: We use low emission digital x-rays that are very precise. Our dentist will use your x-rays to assist in helping them evaluate or spot areas of decay, they will look for tumors, cysts, and signs of bone loss.
- We will perform an oral cancer screening: When performed, your dentist will check your face, neck, throat, around your lips, and tongue. Your dentist will also check soft tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Evaluation for gum disease: Our dentists will l carefully check the gums and bone around all of your teeth for signs of periodontal disease. They will probe six different spots around every tooth on every patient at every visit.
- Examination of the extent of tooth decay: We will make sure that we check all patients’ tooth surfaces for areas of decay using special dental instruments.
- Existing restorations: We will evaluate your current dental fillings, crowns or dental implants to ensure they are functioning properly and that there is no decay.
The hygienists at Manhattan Dental Arts are very popular with our patients. In addition to providing you with a thorough cleaning for your teeth and gums, we will help you understand how best to care for your teeth between cleanings and dental checkups.
How often should I get a cleaning and get a check up?
As a general rule, most people should get their teeth cleaned every six to twelve months. However, people with certain oral health concerns may need to get their teeth cleaned more often.
Some risk factors include:
- Fast production of plaque
- Weakened immune system
- Diagnosis of gum disease
- Family history of gum disease
- Poor cleaning habits
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Increased stress or other illnesses
Schedule Your Appointment with Manhattan Dental Arts in Lincoln Center
Looking to schedule your teeth cleaning on the Upper West Side? Call Manhattan Dental Arts at (212) 247-2330 to schedule your appointment today